West Dorset School Collaboration
- We are made up of the following schools: Beaminster School, Broadwindsor, Greenford, Parrett and Axe, Powerstock, Stickland’s, Salway Ash, Symondsbury and Thorner’s.
- Our purpose is to enable every young person to achieve outstanding opportunities to learn.
- We believe in the power of learning.
- We believe that every young person has a talent that can be nurtured.
- We believe that good relationships are built upon respect for themselves and each other.
- We believe in equal opportunities for all regardless of ability, race, background, gender or religion.
Our Strategic Plan
To promote equality and achieve high-quality learning and CPD for young learners and stakeholders within the Collaboration-
- Work in close partnership to provide learning opportunities
- Provide good transition arrangements
- Use Inset Days and other specific times to provide high-quality CPD
To ensure continuous improvement in learning with the aim of continuously raising standards
- Look at extending mastery in mathematics by enabling teachers to meet and have training in this area
- Enable teachers to regularly meet in phase groups
- Enable teachers to have exchange visits within Collaboration schools
- Enable support staff to have training in areas like Speech and Language
To provide school-to-school support
- Enable young learners to take part in more sporting events in a wide variety of sports
- Enable all staff and governors to have input into future CPD opportunities
- Review our current use of SEND services to ensure the best value for all
- Enable mental health issues to be addressed by employing professionals in this area
- Enable governors to access locally based training
For more information, you can visit our collaboration website: https://wdsc.education